A few highlights of the Area include:
- Antique Gas and Steam Engine Museum - Collects, preserves and displays examples of mechanical ingenuity and crafts associated with the early days of the American farm and rural community.
- Rancho Guajome Adobe - Depicts a unique example of Anglo-Hispanic architecture built on an original Mexican land grant. A National Historic Landmark.
- Brengle Terrace Park - a softball field, basketball court, tennis and volleyball courts, horseshoes, as well as a children's playground. The Moonlight Amphitheatre is an outdoor arena, which seats up to 2,000 people, showcasing Broadway musicals as well as other dramatic events.
- San Diego Zoo - Founded in 1916 and the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, founded in 1972, are renowned zoological gardens. Wth more than 7,500 animals representing more than 1,000 species and subspecies. Both are known for their botanical gardens as well.
- The Flower Fields - 50 acres of extraordinary color in bloom on a hillside overlooking the Pacific Ocean. A special nursery, garden, and gift shop by Armstrong Garden Centers, and festivals throughout the season.
Click for weather forecast
Plenty to see and do, Public Transit a short walk from your site, and Southern California Weather... Now that is the GREAT location of Olive Avenue RV Resort!
Light Rail Train System
The east-west SPRINTER light rail train system between Oceanside, Vista, San Marcos and Escondido. The 22-mile long rail system runs east-west – along the Highway 78 corridor – serving 15 stations.
The SPRINTER runs every 30 minutes in each direction Monday through Friday, from approximately 4 am to 9 pm. Friday and Saturday trains run later.
Saturday/Sunday/Holiday trains operate every 30 minutes between 10 am and 6 pm and hourly before 10 am and after 6 pm.
Visit North County Transit District website for Route Detail
View Larger Map